Tuesday, September 1, 2009

GRANDFATHER'S ADVICE

So you’ve started on your journey,
You’ve begun your life,
But before get any further,
I want to give you some advice

Look into my withered eyes,
And tell me what you see,
If what’s there is your reflection,
Then I have to say I’m pleased

Never let ‘em read you,
Always keep up your guard,
Convince ‘em that you tough,
And show ‘em thay you’re hard

Life is but a hell hole,
A journey of endless miles,
It’s full of heartless people,
Who will stab you with a smile

When they’re down, don’t pick ‘em up
Let ‘em wallow in despair,
It’s one more place that you can take,
It’s one extra breath of air

When the bloody battle is over,
Those left will be like you,
You will find life’s filled with lies,
And lightly sprinkled with some truths

So I’ll end my talk right here,
And let you be on your way,
Please don’t ever forget,
What I’ve told you here today

Stay in touch, my boy
I’ll soon be dead and buried,
And if you ever get a chance,
Write me from the seminary

Copyright; EGHarne

No comments:

Post a Comment