Sunday, November 8, 2009

DYSTOPIAN AMERIKA

I remember long ago,
When Amerika was free,
When cameras didn't follow,
As you meandered down the street

When presidents loved the country,
And we could still buy sweets,
When I wasn't thrown in jail,
For eating any kind of meat

I remember long ago,
When speech was really free,
When animals were animals,
We did not share equality

When reporters did reporting,
And showed objectivity,
They weren't on government payrolls,
And took a monthly fee

I remember long ago,
When we had a Bill of Rights,
Before interpretation cast,
Them in a different light

When half the population,
Could function without drugs,
When science wasn't pseudo,
And politicians were not thugs

I remember long ago,
And reminisce from time to time,
When religion wasn't outlawed,
And prayer not a crime

When simply being truthful,
Was not a cause for retribution,
When standing up for freedom,
Did not insure my execution

Copyright; EGHarne

No comments:

Post a Comment