Thursday, February 11, 2010

NOTHING LEFT TO SAY

Well, the sunset falls upon me,
And the clouds slowly fade away,
And I wonder how I got here,
Is there nothing left to say?

I started strong and knowing,
With a future very bright,
But now I wait and wonder,
Seems I’m closer to the night

Yes, there are those who love me,
Who shared with me their trust,
But I didn’t trust enough to tell,
What was inside turned to dust

There was a plan I followed,
A path that I was shown,
And regrets they overtake me,
For the plan was not my own

So I light a single candle,
To illuminate my life,
But seeing things more clearly,
Doesn’t set them right

For I’ve lived another’s destiny,
And fate has made me pay,
My dreams have died slowly inside,
And there’s nothing left to say

Copyright; EGHarne

No comments:

Post a Comment